Monday, September 7, 2009

Recycle/Reuse


This first project, Recycle/ Reuse, I focused on making over of materials. I chose to use two things, a piece of lace, and another (I am sorry I don’t know its name). First, I tired to make a bouquet brooch with dried flower because I had some dried corn silk and dried flowers. I thought it will be good if I could arrange these materials and make a bouquet brooch. After I finished to make a bouquet, it looked good to me but it was not interesting enough because I used real flowers even thought I used corn silk to wrap flowers.

I change my mind to tear off dried flowers and make something out of it. I put petals upon another then glue it together. Then placed in a brass piece then I used epoxy to hold together. Then I made some curves for one material (they were straight) and put around petals so that they can look related (the petal’s shape). Then I cut two pieces of lace as its flower pattern. I glued them on the bottom of brooch then wrapped with dry plants around brass to have transition. I sprayed a lacquer over petal’s deep purple color so it looks shiner and could be hard enough to stay (but it is still fragile). Also, all the materials I used were natural and a lace piece is bringing together well. I enjoyed this project next post is going to be next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment